Albert Schweitzer (14 January 1875 - 4 September 1965) was one of the most respected doctors/theologians of the 20th century. In 1953 he received the Nobel Peace Prize. He became involved as a doctor in Africa and founded a hospital in Lambaréné in 1913. His many talents earned him several doctorates. After graduating high school, he pursued his musical talents by studying organ music and piano in Paris. In addition, he studied theology and philosophy in Strasbourg. in 1905; he wrote a biography of Johann Sebastian Bach. Since the young, ambitious Schweitzer wanted to work as a missionary but was denied this, he studied medicine (1905-1913) to pursue this activity. At the same time, he received the title of professor in 1912 for his achievements in theology. Animal welfare was always close to Albert Schweitzer's heart. The Albert Schweitzer Foundation campaigns for peaceful animal life and against factory farming.
Quotes from Albert Schweitzer
- To think with the heart is the right way for man.
- Man is ethical only if he regards life as such, that of plants and animals and that of man, as sacred, and if he gives himself helpfully to life in need.
- I have become a person who is somewhat dangerous for others because I represent the thought among them that all happiness we experience means that we must give away something of our lives for it.
- He who undertakes to do good must not expect that people will remove stones from his path because of it but must be prepared for the fateful thing that they will roll some on him.
- Animals cannot speak, yet they think much more than we imagine
Other birthdays on 14 January
This is a good time for any sort of marketing, advertising and public relations. You may be heavily involved in communicating with family over Zoom calls or WhatsApp group chats. It's a great time to buy a car and go on short-distance travels. You'll also enjoy the company of neighbors. If you go on dates, great communication will occur. You and your loved one communicate effectively.
This aspect gives you the ability to communicate well with the opposite sex. Good relationships will occur at work, and you'll feel a lot of drive to achieve more - or even have a side project working from home. You may also have a craving to eat hot and spicy food, so go take your partner, or friends, to the closest Indian or Mexican restaurant! Just know that it'll be easy to burn off the extra calories, as you'll be inspired to exercise more.
This is a wonderful time to get together with family and share, and remember, joyous memories. Business opportunities are abound, and good money can be made. It's a wonderful time to decorate your home, or look at buying a beach house, or something close to the ocean. It's a good time for romance. International travel can occur, and plans should go smoothly! You may want to adopt a pet to snuggle up close to.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -06:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: