Albert Schweitzer (14 January 1875 - 4 September 1965) was one of the most respected doctors/theologians of the 20th century. In 1953 he received the Nobel Peace Prize. He became involved as a doctor in Africa and founded a hospital in Lambaréné in 1913. His many talents earned him several doctorates. After graduating high school, he pursued his musical talents by studying organ music and piano in Paris. In addition, he studied theology and philosophy in Strasbourg. in 1905; he wrote a biography of Johann Sebastian Bach. Since the young, ambitious Schweitzer wanted to work as a missionary but was denied this, he studied medicine (1905-1913) to pursue this activity. At the same time, he received the title of professor in 1912 for his achievements in theology. Animal welfare was always close to Albert Schweitzer's heart. The Albert Schweitzer Foundation campaigns for peaceful animal life and against factory farming.
Quotes from Albert Schweitzer
- To think with the heart is the right way for man.
- Man is ethical only if he regards life as such, that of plants and animals and that of man, as sacred, and if he gives himself helpfully to life in need.
- I have become a person who is somewhat dangerous for others because I represent the thought among them that all happiness we experience means that we must give away something of our lives for it.
- He who undertakes to do good must not expect that people will remove stones from his path because of it but must be prepared for the fateful thing that they will roll some on him.
- Animals cannot speak, yet they think much more than we imagine
Other birthdays on 14 January
This conjunction gives you a strong sense of love, pleasure in luxury and beauty, and popularity with those attracted to you. You feel fit and friendly, and have a warm, positive charisma, especially for those where attraction is apparent from both sides. Interest in art and culture can emerge. However, be careful of indulging in too much luxury, and letting money run through your fingers.
The conjunction between the Moon and Neptune can make you dreamy, passive, and unbalanced. You are hypersensitive, possibly have a weakened instinctive life and may experience a nervous disorder. You may tell white lies. You are very sensitive and prefer loneliness. It's a good time to write in your journal, or express yourself through poetry or writing lyrics of a song.
This is an excellent time to conduct business meetings - especially if you need to sell ideas with people who hold a lot of respect and authority. Women in power could help you now. Any matters that need emotional control should be handled, as you will feel mentally strong. Financial decisions come easy now, as you won't make any extravagant, or unnecessary, purchases.
This aspect is a good starting point, and a basis for all business, since you are mentally active, and have good judgment. All preparation for business will lead to success! It is also a good time to communicate emotions effectively to loved ones.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -06:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: