Albert Schweitzer (14 January 1875 - 4 September 1965) was one of the most respected doctors/theologians of the 20th century. In 1953 he received the Nobel Peace Prize. He became involved as a doctor in Africa and founded a hospital in Lambaréné in 1913. His many talents earned him several doctorates. After graduating high school, he pursued his musical talents by studying organ music and piano in Paris. In addition, he studied theology and philosophy in Strasbourg. in 1905; he wrote a biography of Johann Sebastian Bach. Since the young, ambitious Schweitzer wanted to work as a missionary but was denied this, he studied medicine (1905-1913) to pursue this activity. At the same time, he received the title of professor in 1912 for his achievements in theology. Animal welfare was always close to Albert Schweitzer's heart. The Albert Schweitzer Foundation campaigns for peaceful animal life and against factory farming.
Quotes from Albert Schweitzer
- To think with the heart is the right way for man.
- Man is ethical only if he regards life as such, that of plants and animals and that of man, as sacred, and if he gives himself helpfully to life in need.
- I have become a person who is somewhat dangerous for others because I represent the thought among them that all happiness we experience means that we must give away something of our lives for it.
- He who undertakes to do good must not expect that people will remove stones from his path because of it but must be prepared for the fateful thing that they will roll some on him.
- Animals cannot speak, yet they think much more than we imagine
Other birthdays on 14 January
This aspect can lead to family problems, health disorders, difficulties at work, discomfort with the opposite sex, and public disagreements. It is highly important to think before you act or react. It can also cause pain in the womb, especially during "that time of the month" for young ladies and women.
This aspect between Mercury and Neptune gives you a refined mental sensation, keen intuition, rich world of ideas, and a sense of poetry and art. You can realize your plans and have high hopes and beliefs. It's a fun time to go out on dates where you should make the extra effort to look really good. You'll get a lot of natural inspiration if you're an artist.
This transit can cause a lack of inner balance, unreasonable views, and strange habits. However, romantic love affairs could also appear in your life. Don't be surprised if you get unannounced visitors at your house, such as female friends or relatives! You have the potential to gain, or lose, money unexpectadly right now.
The Taurus Moon helps us to preserve and increase money and material possessions. Security, compatibility, holding on to family are essential to us. These days we are very focused on our family and our home. And enjoyment in all areas is paramount.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -05:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: