Umberto Eco was an Italian writer, philosopher, and semiotician born in Alessandria on 5 January 1932 . He studied media studies and philosophy at the University of Turin and was a professor of semiotics at various universities in Italy and France. Eco is best known for his novels "The Name of the Rose " (1980), "The Foucault Pendulum " (1988), and "The Cemetery in Prague " (2010), all of which have been translated into numerous languages and have become worldwide bestsellers. His works are characterized by their historical, philosophical, and literary allusions and often play with the concept of perception and the interpretation of signs and symbols. Eco died in Milan on 19 February 2016.
- Friedrich Dürrenmatt (5 January 1921 - 14 December 1990, writer, playwright, and actor)
- Diane Keaton (5 January 1946, actress)
- Bradley Cooper (5 January 1975, actor, director, producer)
- Konrad Adenauer (5 January 1876 - 19 April 1967, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany)
- DJ BoBo (5 January 1968, singer, songwriter, and music producer)
- deadmau5 (5 January 1981, DJ and music producer)
- Robert Duvall (5 January 1931, actor)
Chinese zodiac sign:
馬 Fire Horse
42,516 days ago (116 years, 4 months, 27 days)
This transit can cause you to feel emotionally violent and aggressive. You may want to lash out, especially if you are female, to anyone who oppresses you, from your husband to your boss. There may be disagreements over joint finances, inheritances, alimony and taxes. If your pet shows any signs of illness, it's best to take it to the vet.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -05:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: