Robert Downey Jr.
Robert Downey Jr. (born 4 April 1965 in Manhattan, New York, USA) is an American actor and producer. He is best known for his role as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film series. Downey began his career as a teenager in the 1980s and struggled with substance abuse and legal problems in the 1990s and early 2000s. After overcoming his problems, he made an impressive comeback and became one of Hollywood's best-known and most successful actors.
His breakthrough came in 1987 with the film "Less Than Zero". He received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Charlie Chaplin in "Chaplin" (1992). Since 2008 he has played the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, gaining worldwide fame. He has also appeared in successful films such as "Sherlock Holmes" (2009) and its sequel "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" (2011).
Downey is also a producer and founded the production company Team Downey with his wife Susan Downey. Together they have produced several successful projects, including the film "The Judge" (2014).
Other birthdays of well-known personalities
- Robert Downey Jr, * 4 April 1965 in New York City, actor, "Iron Man" & "Sherlock Holmes"
- Heath Ledger, * 4 April 1979 in Perth, † 22 January 2008, actor, "The Dark Knight"
- Maya Angelou, * 4 April 1928 in St. Louis, † 28 May 2014, writer & civil rights activist, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Andrei Tarkovsky, * 4 April 1932 in Savrashye, † 29 December 1986, director, "Solaris" & "Stalker"
- David Blaine, * 4 April 1973 in Brooklyn, magician & illusionist, street magic & endurance stunts
- Clive Davis, * 4 April 1932 in Brooklyn, music producer, discoverer of Whitney Houston
- Anthony Perkins, * 4 April 1932 in New York City, † 12 September 1992, actor, "Psycho" - Norman Bates
- Muddy Waters, * 4 April 1913 in Issaquena County, † 30 April 1983, blues musician, "father of modern Chicago blues"
- Hugo Weaving, * 4 April 1960 in Ibadan, actor, "Matrix" & "The Lord of the Rings"
- Graham Norton, * 4 April 1963 in Clondalkin, TV presenter, "The Graham Norton Show"
Konrad ("bold counsellor)
Saint whose name day is celebrated on 4 April:
- Isidore of Seville (* c. 560 in Cartagena; † 4 April 636 in Seville) - He was a bishop, Doctor of the Church and encyclopaedic author. Isidore is the patron saint of computer users, programmers and the internet.
- Benedict the Moor (1526-1589) - Benedict, also known as Benedict the Black or Benedict the African, was an Italian Franciscan lay brother and saint. He is the patron saint of Palermo and known for his humility and devotion to God.
- William of Æbelholt († 4 April 1203) - William was a Danish Augustinian canon and later abbot of Æbelholt Monastery. He is known for his miracles and his healing powers.
Sow peas to Ambrosius, so they bear richly and give mush.
Quote of the day
Everyone tries in their own way to get ahead in the world. - Voltaire
The conjunction between Venus and Jupiter brings you happiness in love, in marriage, or partnerships. There can also be a financial upswing during this time! So take the chance if you get offers!
This transit increases your sense of responsibility and organizational talent. You will be able to pursue your goals with care and deliberation. It's a good time to get together with women in groups, and discuss important issues.
This transit can cause you to feel emotionally violent and aggressive. You may want to lash out, especially if you are female, to anyone who oppresses you, from your husband to your boss. There may be disagreements over joint finances, inheritances, alimony and taxes. If your pet shows any signs of illness, it's best to take it to the vet.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -06:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: