Robert Downey Jr.
Robert Downey Jr. (born 4 April 1965 in Manhattan, New York, USA) is an American actor and producer. He is best known for his role as Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) film series. Downey began his career as a teenager in the 1980s and struggled with substance abuse and legal problems in the 1990s and early 2000s. After overcoming his problems, he made an impressive comeback and became one of Hollywood's best-known and most successful actors.
His breakthrough came in 1987 with the film "Less Than Zero". He received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Charlie Chaplin in "Chaplin" (1992). Since 2008 he has played the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, gaining worldwide fame. He has also appeared in successful films such as "Sherlock Holmes" (2009) and its sequel "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" (2011).
Downey is also a producer and founded the production company Team Downey with his wife Susan Downey. Together they have produced several successful projects, including the film "The Judge" (2014).
Other birthdays of well-known personalities
- Robert Downey Jr, * 4 April 1965 in New York City, actor, "Iron Man" & "Sherlock Holmes"
- Heath Ledger, * 4 April 1979 in Perth, † 22 January 2008, actor, "The Dark Knight"
- Maya Angelou, * 4 April 1928 in St. Louis, † 28 May 2014, writer & civil rights activist, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Andrei Tarkovsky, * 4 April 1932 in Savrashye, † 29 December 1986, director, "Solaris" & "Stalker"
- David Blaine, * 4 April 1973 in Brooklyn, magician & illusionist, street magic & endurance stunts
- Clive Davis, * 4 April 1932 in Brooklyn, music producer, discoverer of Whitney Houston
- Anthony Perkins, * 4 April 1932 in New York City, † 12 September 1992, actor, "Psycho" - Norman Bates
- Muddy Waters, * 4 April 1913 in Issaquena County, † 30 April 1983, blues musician, "father of modern Chicago blues"
- Hugo Weaving, * 4 April 1960 in Ibadan, actor, "Matrix" & "The Lord of the Rings"
- Graham Norton, * 4 April 1963 in Clondalkin, TV presenter, "The Graham Norton Show"
Konrad ("bold counsellor)
Saint whose name day is celebrated on 4 April:
- Isidore of Seville (* c. 560 in Cartagena; † 4 April 636 in Seville) - He was a bishop, Doctor of the Church and encyclopaedic author. Isidore is the patron saint of computer users, programmers and the internet.
- Benedict the Moor (1526-1589) - Benedict, also known as Benedict the Black or Benedict the African, was an Italian Franciscan lay brother and saint. He is the patron saint of Palermo and known for his humility and devotion to God.
- William of Æbelholt († 4 April 1203) - William was a Danish Augustinian canon and later abbot of Æbelholt Monastery. He is known for his miracles and his healing powers.
Sow peas to Ambrosius, so they bear richly and give mush.
Quote of the day
Everyone tries in their own way to get ahead in the world. - Voltaire
Your emotional life is active during this time but could be one-sided. You experience the awakening of your feelings. You might feel the desire to experience adventures, extreme actions, traveling, and discovering new places. It is an excellent time for discarding items you no longer need or use at home. You may desire a beauty makeover!
Emotions rule. Relationships run harmoniously, as the feminine side is emphasized. Male and female energy combine, making you assertive, yet gentle with all dealings with other people.
This is a great time for going out with friends and having fun! You may change things up at home, with either how things are conducted, or by redecorating. You may bring new technology into the house, such as smart televions, laptops and security. This transit is perfect for creating memorable romantic dates that are out of the ordinary! It's also a good transit for any sort of business dealing with hi-tech and women, or feminine products.
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -06:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: