Henri Matisse was a French painter, graphic artist, and sculptor. He was born on 31 December 1869 in Cateau-Cambrésis, France, and died on 3 November 1954 in Nice, France. Matisse is considered one of the most influential artists of the 20th century and became known above all for his colorful and expressive works.
The painting "The Red Cell " from 1907 is exhibited at the MoMA in New York. It shows a woman sitting on a bed surrounded by a red blanket. It is considered one of the most important examples of Matisse's use of color and line.
Another famous work is "The Green Snake " from 1907, which is now exhibited at the Centre Pompidou in Paris. It shows a woman being embraced by a green snake and is attributed to the Fauvist movement, characterized by vivid colors.
His painting "The Blue Niche " from 1947 is exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. It shows a woman sitting in a blue alcove. It was from the late phase of his career when he became more involved with collages and paper cuts.
- Adolf Grimme, 31 November 1893 in Klein Esserden, Germany, † 7 May 1964, journalist, author
- Elizabeth Arden, 31 December 1878 in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada, † 18 October 1966, entrepreneur, beautician
- Val Kilmer, 31 December 1959 in Los Angeles, California, actor
- Anthony Hopkins, 31 December 1937 in Margam, Wales, actor
- Psy, 31 December 1977, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea, singer, rapper
- Donna Summer, 31 December 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts, † 17 May 2012, singer
- John Denver, 31 December 1943 in Roswell, New Mexico, † 12 October 1997, singer, songwriter
- Diane von Fürstenberg, 31 December 1946, Brussels, Belgium, fashion designer
- Nicholas Sparks, 31 December 1965, Omaha, Nebraska, writer
The Virgo Moon makes us analytical and critical. We are productive and health-conscious. These days, work and the fulfillment of duties are in the foreground.
This is a not a good time to bond with others emotionally. You may have arguments with your mother, or motherly figure, as well as other females. If you are creative, you may paint objects, portraits, or landscapes, only to be disappointed in what you have made and destroy it afterwards. If you are female, you may experience period cramps and excessive PMS irritability and aggression.
This opposition can cause a lot of trouble at home, where fighting may occur over children and finances. It's not a good time to get advice from elders, or people in authority. Your mental state may not be good right now, as you may feel very melancholic. Right now, it's very important to get good sleep, fresh air, keep a clean environment around you, exercise and eat healthy.
This is a very favorable transit. It can bring you social success, as well as financial opportunities. You have a positive vibe and outlook on life, are sincere, and enjoy popularity. You can carry out philanthropic activities with ease. You are attractive, optimistic and have artistic interests. It's a great time for going out on dates and meeting your future spouse!
Current timezone: America/Chicago (UTC -06:00). change timezone
Please choose a day: